Packages From Home Collection
The Calvert County Democratic Women's Club - CCDWC activism committee will be at the Safeway in Prince Frederick from 10 am to 1:30 pm Saturday, May 25, 2019, collecting items for our "Packages from Home" community event.
Please stop by and donate items to be sent to our Southern Maryland troops currently in the Middle East. Check out the list below of requested items, and note that sunscreen is the most needed!
If you would like to volunteer to work at the table please contact Renee Lafayette at email@example.com
C.C.W.D.C. PACKAGES FROM HOME
TROOP WISH LIST
- Old Bay Seasoning (small packs)
- Cup Noodles, Instant soup, Mac & Cheese-individual servings
- Instant oatmeal (individual packs)
- Candy, gum & mints (NO chocolate)
- 6 pack crackers or cookies
- Granola and energy bars (NO chocolate)
- Slim Jims
- Jerky (individual packs)
- Nuts and dried fruit (individual packs) & microwave popcorn
- Pop Tarts, Rice Krispies Treats. Little Debbie products and other pre-packaged individual pastry snacks
- Drink mix singles – Crystal Lite, Mio, Gatorade, Coffee, Tea (Keurig is convenient)
- Fruit snacks – individually wrapped
- Small peanut butter in plastic containers
- Small jelly in plastic containers
- BBQ or hot sauce in plastic containers
- Snack bags of crackers, cookies, pretzels, etc. especially spicy chips (Doritos, Chili Lime, Flaming Hot Cheetos)
- Saltine crackers – individual servings
- Foot powder – 1-3 oz. Vicks
- Eye drops Icy Hot
- Lip balm; chap stick Tiger Balm
- Sunscreen 6-8 oz
- Deodorant (not antiperspirant) stick or roll on ONLY
- Lotion, hand cream, face cream 1-5 oz. Band-Aids
- Shampoo and conditioner – travel size
- Ethnic hair products
- Hand sanitizer 2-8 oz
- Insect repellent (NO aerosol cans)
- Wet wipes (unscented) pack of 60 or fewer
- Toilet paper – individually wrapped
- Tissue packs – travel size
- Feminine hygiene products – tampons, pads
- Disposable razors
- Toothbrushes – individually wrapped
- Dental floss
North Beach Farmers' Market
There will be a Calvert County Democrats booth set up at the North Beach Farmers' Market on May 31, from 5pm to 9 pm. If you'd like to volunteer to work the booth, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calvert Green Living Festival
There will be a Calvert County Democrats booth set up for Calvert Green Living Festival on Saturday June 1 from 9 am to 2 pm at Annmarie Gardens. The Democratic Women's Club is a sponsor of the event. Please contact us if you'd like to volunteer to work the booth!
End Hunger Dragon Boat Festival
There will be a Calvert County Democrats booth set up at the End Hunger Dragon Boat Festival June 8, at North Beach. The booth set up will be at 8:00 am, and the event runs from 9:00-2:00. Please contact us if you'd like to volunteer to work the booth!
Calvert County NAACP Annual Community Day
There will be a Calvert County Democrats booth set up at the CC NAACP Community Day on June 15. Set up will be at 10:00 am, the event will run from 11:00-5:00, and clean up will be until 5:30. Please contact Jeanette Flaim if you'd like to volunteer for this event!